Databiology's SaaS Information Management and Orchestration Solution offers Aspera's High-Speed FASP to Transport Client Data
Databiology, an Information Management and Orchestration solution for omics applications, uses Aspera Platform on Demand to ingest data sets for distributed workflows in scientific research.
Databiology for Enterprise (DBE) is a secure Information Management and Orchestration solution for omics data and applications. DBE can use a mix of cloud infrastructures and traditional datacenters to connect data, analytical engines, and reporting tools for research and clinical workflows. DBE is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering that manages and tracks large quantities of genomics, proteomics or metabolomics data, and related metadata, as well as other research information for biology and molecular research projects. Databiology has integrated Aspera FASPTM technology to enable reliable and secure transfer of very large datasets quickly by the Databiology solution. The faster that data is accessible within DBE orchestrated workflows, the sooner Databiology is able to start classifying, tracking, and analyzing the data.
The fast and reliable transfer of genomic sequence data is essential, particularly in clinical research situations where a patient’s treatment is dependent on the result of an analysis. Databiology is offering a solution to tie in with medical records data, genomic reference data, and analytical processing in the cloud to support personalized diagnostic and therapeutic applications. However, primary genomic sequencing data sets can reach several hundred gigabytes in size, creating a challenge for timely data transfer using traditional methods.
By integrating with Aspera’s Application Platform On Demand (APoD), Databiology benefits from the reliable, high-speed transfer of genomic data sets and other research information by its Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, Databiology for Enterprise (DBE). The DBE solution helps manage life science projects in fields such as genomics, proteomics or other biology and molecular research and pathology. The solution supports the full lifecycle of research projects from data acquisition and curation through analysis, retrieval and integration. DBE also supports a wide array of workload and infrastructure requirements to provide maximum flexibility and control over all research information and activities.
Databiology chose to partner with Aspera because APoD delivers predictable and reliable transfer times to a variety of public cloud services, avoiding unexpected delays and transfer failures associated with traditional network protocols. This enables researchers to enjoy more efficient workflows between both internal user groups and third party research partners. The technology also features built-in security capabilities such as encryption in transit and at rest to protect valuable assets throughout the transfer process.
Databiology’s open architecture enables interoperability with any scientific, commercial and clinical applications, while Aspera adds secure transfer capability for large files over long distances that works with existing infrastructure to achieve maximum transfer speeds.
Transfer Large Omics Data
Databiology customers can quickly and securely transfer their large datasets into the Databiology service at speeds much faster than HTTP, SFTP, rsync or other conventional upload mechanisms.
• Quickly upload data sets, which can easily reach up hundreds of gigabytes, using Aspera FASP technology.
• Support a global omics workflow regardless where the data originates or its data type.
• Built in security, with authentication, data integrity verification, and encryption over the wire and at rest.
Support Efficient Workflows
With predictable and reliable transfers, data can be ingested into Databiology's solution to enable workflows with internal and/or external collaborators.
• Lab data can be easily ingested into the DBE, which can then be shared with internal or external collaborators.
• Multiple sites can ingest data into DBE to be collect and stored before analysis.
• Labs can share data through DBE with another lab to test for scientific discovery or perform pathology diagnostics before committing to a tighter integration in the future.
Easily Integrated into Existing Process
Aspera technology is seamlessly integrated into the Databiology DBE solution, which runs any application on any infrastructure.
• Aspera customer can utilize their existing Aspera clients to upload into Databiology's DBE solution.
• Transfers happen independent of the browser, so that users can continue their work uninterrupted.
• Easy-to-use interface provides real-time status of transfer progress and transfer rate, allowing users to adjust transfer rates on the fly and to cancel/pause/resume queued transfers.